History of the Blues
History of the Blues: The Deadwood Public Library will be hosting “The History of Blues in America,” a program covering the history, influence and impact of American blues music through songs, stories and historical facts.
Deadwood History presents Family Fun Nights Thursday evenings this summer. The fun starts at 6:15pm at Outlaw Square. Deadwood History Inc. will have fun, educational programming for the whole family. There will also be fun lawn games and activities available! Bring your chairs or blankets and grab a good spot on the turf for a great night of family fun. Full schedule of programming can be found below:
(activities and dates subject to change)
- Week 5 – July 1 – History of the Blues: History of Blues music with live demonstrations and performances.
- Week 6 – July 8 – Library Night: Robin Carmody’s “But Nana” Books, Lead Library Puppet Show
- Week 7 – July 15 – Starr Chief Eagle Hoop Dancing: Hoop dancing demonstrations
- Week 8 – July 22 – Legends of Deadwood/Chinese Community: History of the Chinese Community in Deadwood
- Week 9 – August 19 – Index card Flashlights: Hands on activity
- Week 10 – September 2 – Reverse Coloring: Hands on activity