Deadwood Gaming in the News
A variety of Deadwood gaming-specific news articles are available on this page.
- Deadwood Gaming Legislative Updates
- Gaming Revene & Hotel Occupancy
- South Dakota Commission on Gaming Annual Reports
- 30th Anniversary of Gaming Media Coverage
DEADWOOD GAMING REVENUE & HOTEL OCCUPANCY
July 2020 Deadwood Gaming Revenue
June 2020 Deadwood Occupancy
June 2020 Deadwood Gaming Revenue
May 2020 – Deadwood Occupancy
May 2020 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
April 2020 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue & Occupancy
March 2020 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
February 2020 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
January 2020 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
December 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
November 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue & Occupancy
October 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue & Occupancy
September 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue & Occupancy
August 2019 – Deadwood Occupancy
August 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
July 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
June 2019 – Deadwood Occupancy
June 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
May 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue & Occupancy
April 2019 – Deadwood Occupancy
April 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
March 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue & Occupancy
February 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue & Occupancy
January 2019 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue & Occupancy
December 2018 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
November 2018 – Deadwood Occupancy
November 2018 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
October 2018 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue
September 2018 – Deadwood Gaming Revenue & Occupancy
DEADWOOD GAMING LEGISLATIVE UPDATES
04/24/2020: DGA Thanks SD Congressional Delegation for Convincing SBA to Include Gaming in CARES PPP Program
04/03/2020: SBA Excludes Deadwood Gaming Businesses from CARES PPP Program
03/26/2020: COVID-19 Pandemic Shutters Deadwood Gaming Properties
02/02/2020: Sports Wagering News Surrounding South Dakota
02/03/2020: Iowa Sportsbook Caters to South Dakotas
01/08/2020: More on Iowa Sports Betting Popularity
12/19/2019: Iowa Sports Betting Market Continues to Grow
11/14/2019: Colorado Voters Approve Sports Better + Iowans Wagered $5.6 Million in Second Month of Sports Wagering
11/05/2019: Deadwood Gaming’s Positive Impact During First 30 Years
10/25/2019: Deadwood Gaming To Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Gaming on November 1st at High Noon
10/15/2019: Iowans Wagered $38,528,921 on Sporting Events in September
10/10/2019: Deadwood Gaming Distributes $15,292,209 to Governmental Entities in FY 2019
09/17/2019: Iowans Wagered $8,576,246 on Sporting Events in Two Weeks
09/12/2019: Deadwood Mayor Proclaims September 15-21 Responsible Gaming Education Week
SOUTH DAKOTA COMMISSION ON GAMING ANNUAL REPORTS
30TH ANNIVERSARY OF GAMING
Ceremony Video: https://youtu.be/FiH0Ck5a0F0
What if legalized gaming never came to Deadwood? (Rapid City Journal)
Deadwood Gaming Celebrates 30 Years (Rapid City Journal)
Deadwood Gaming Turns 30 (Black Hills Pioneer)
Yours: Gaming Deals Deadwood a Winning Hand (Rapid City Journal)
Anniversary of Gaming in Deadwood (KOTA TV)
‘Let’s Go Gamblin’!’ (Black Hills Pioneer)
Sports Wagering in South Dakota
Vote Yes on Constitutional Amendment B:
Attorney General Ballot Explanation Title – An amendment to the South Dakota Constitution authorizing the Legislature to allow sports wagering in Deadwood.
The constitution currently authorizes the Legislature to allow certain types of gaming in the City of Deadwood: roulette, keno, craps, limited card games, and slot machines. This constitutional amendment authorizes the Legislature to also include wagering on sporting events as a type of gaming allowed in Deadwood.
Under federal law, any gaming authorized by the Legislature to be offered in Deadwood would also be allowed at on-reservation tribal casinos upon amendments to the current tribal gaming compacts.
Vote “Yes” to adopt the amendment.
Vote “No” to leave the Constitution as it is.
The Facts about Amendment B – Sports Wagering
- Until May of 2018 when the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the federal sports betting ban, Nevada was the only state that offered legal, regulated single-game betting on both college and professional sports. Now, each state and sovereign tribal nation has the opportunity to set their own policy and legalize and regulate sports betting.
- Studies show South Dakotans prefer to place their sports wagers in a safe, regulated, legal environment, when allowed to do so.
- Deadwood needs to continue to be a competitive gaming destination, providing the same gaming offerings as surrounding gaming jurisdictions.
- Iowa began sports wagering in August of 2019, Montana began in March of 2020 and Colorado began in May of 2020.
- According to the American Gaming Association, as of June 30th, sports wagering is live and legal in 18 states and the District of Columbia, legal but not yet active in 4 more states and another 8 states have active legislation to legalize it.
- According to an Oxford Economics study, commissioned by the AGA, sports wagering in South Dakota will provide:
- 22.1 million in additional gaming revenue
- 2.2 million in additional gaming taxes
- 152 direct gaming jobs with
- 6.1 million in additional income
We ask you to please vote YES ON AMENDMENT B!