This year participants can expect to select from 30 different Whiskey’s including Rye, Scotch, Irish, Bourbon, Japanese & Canadian at 10 different locations during the Big Whiskey Festival. Tickets are $50 and will get you 15 sample tickets so you can choose what you’d like to sample. The Scotch Seminar is also $50 and includes sampling 5 top shelf Scotch Whiskeys along with a background and thorough description of what flavors each should deliver. The Scotch tasting is from 4pm-5pm at the Charlie Utter Theatre and the Whiskey tasting is from 5pm-8pm. Registration is at Saloon No. 10 from 3pm-7pm. Big Whiskey tickets are limited to 200 and the Scotch Seminar is limited to 50 tickets. Tickets can be purchased by calling 1-800-344-8826 or clicking the links below.
Registration: 3-7 p.m. at the Saloon #10
Scotch Seminar: 4-5 p.m.
The Big Whisky Scotch Seminar will be conducted by Mr. Brad Palmer. He is a Jr Brand Ambassador for Pernod Ricard Single Malt Scotches and the Pernod Ricard Portfolio Manager for the State of South Dakota. His seminar will include samples of Chivas 13 yr, The Glenlivet 14yr Cognac Cask Finish, The Glenlivet 15yr French Oak Reserve, The Glenlivet Code: Enigma, and Aberlour Casg Annamh.
Big Whiskey Festival: 5-8 p.m.
Explore Deadwood and sample a variety of Whiskey, Scotch and Bourbon varieties at participating locations.
Big Whiskey Locations and Tastings:
- Saloon #10: Come get a true Western Experience with Yellowstone Limited Edition Straight Bourbon, Trails End Bourbon and Old Fitzgerald 100 proof bottled in bond.
- Franklin: Get a taste of beautiful whisky’s from Scotland. Auchentoshan American Oak, is matured exclusively in first filled bourbon casks. Bowmore 15yr, after 12 years aging, this scotch spends its final 3 years in oloroso sherry casks. Laphroaig Triple Wood, Aged in 3 different casks then non-chill filtered, this scotch is truly unique.
- Paddy O’Neill’s at Tin Lizzie:Get a dose of how fun whiskey can be with Fistful of Bourbon, a blend of five straight bourbons. Rebel Yell 100 proof and Redneck Riviera.
- Deadwood Mt. Grand: WhistlePig Rye, WhistlePig 12yr, WhistlePig Farm Stock – Highly sought after and only available in South Dakota for a few months. The Canadian based distillery, WhistlePig, distills the whiskey in a 150 year old renovated dairy barn in the middle of a working farm.
- Bodega: Smooth Ambler, Appalachian Whiskeys are made in West Virginia. Smooth Ambler Contradiction is a blend of wheated and rye bourbons. Smooth Ambler Old Scout is a blend of whiskeys made in Indiana and Tennessee. Smooth Ambler Wheated is the latest product from the distillery.
- Deadwood Elks: The latest and greatest in flavored whiskeys – From the iconic Jack Daniels Distillery- Jack Daniels Tennessee Apple. With a flavor Ripe for Drinking, Jim Beam Peach and a duo so unique you will do a double take… Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey. Yes, Peanut Butter Whiskey!
- Bloody Nose Saloon: Head to the Bloody Nose Saloon to try Jesse James American Outlaw Spiced Whisky and Deadwood Distillery items Full Throttle Strawberry S’loonshine or the delicious Espresso Shot.
- Iron Horse/Hickoks: Kentucky will be on full display with Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, aged for a minimum of 12 years. Rittenhouse Rye, once named World’s Best Whisky and Pikesville Straight Rye, this high-strength rye is bottled at 110 proof.
- Mineral Palace: Get a little luck of the Irish by tasting these Irish Whiskeys. Tullamore Dew Caribbean Cask, is Irish whiskey finished in Caribbean rum casks. The Irishman Writers’ Tears is a unique vatting of Aged Single Pot Still and Single Malt whiskey. Distilled entirely from Pot Still and Malt, without Grain, this is a truly special Irish whiskey. Green Spot, This historic single pot still Irish whiskey used to only to be available in Dublin, but now has spread across the world to huge acclaim.
- VFW: Buffalo Trace Distillery, The most award winning distillery in the world, produces the most sought after products. Get a rare taste of W.L. Weller Special Reserve, Stag Jr. Barrel Proof and Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel Bourbon. All Gold Medal winners from the 2019 NY World Spirit Competition.