Mardi Gras Weekend in Deadwood. The best party north of New Orleans
Don’t miss the best Mardi Gras celebration north of the Bayou! Come to Deadwood, South Dakota for a weekend full of free food, a parade, parties, and live music. Plus, there are special open container zones where you can roam from one Deadwood bar to the next.
All events are FREE! Enjoy Cajun food, drinks and fun, sponsored by the Deadwood Chamber of Commerce! For more info on any Mardi Gras events, call the Deadwood Chamber at 1-800-999-1876. And don’t wait, Book Your Room today! Mardi Gras is one of our most popular parties.
2019 EVENT Schedule
FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2019
6-8 pm – Deadwood Cajun Feast: Enjoy free Cajun samples (appetizers, soup, entrees and dessert) throughout Deadwood, while supplies last. Participating locations below.
8 pm – Masquerade Party + King & Queen Coronation: Coronation begins and will include live music by Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble. Held at the Historic Franklin Hotel.
SATURDAY, MARCH 2, 2019
2-4pm – Cajun Food Cook-Off: Taste some of the finest Cajun foods in the region at this free cook-off competition. Free food samplings while supplies last. Participating locations: Saloon #10/Social Club, Tin Lizzie, Wild Bill Bar, Nugget Saloon, Eagle Bar & Steakhouse, Mineral Palace/Gem Steakhouse, Gold Dust/Mavericks Steak & Cocktails, Buffalo/Bodega
7 pm – Deadwood’s Annual Mardi Gras Parade: Get a spot on Main Street and collect your share of over 100,000 sets of beads thrown during the parade.
9pm – Live music and after-party at the Historic Franklin Hotel. Dance the night away to authentic, live zydeco music performed by Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble.
* The Open container ordinance will be lifted in zones 1 & 2. Open container will be allowed from 5 pm to 10 pm on Friday, March 1, 2019 and from Noon to 10 pm on Saturday, March 2, 2019.
Friday Cajun Food Crawl Locations (6-8pm):
- Nugget Saloon – 604 Main Street | Jambalaya
- Eagle Bar & Steakhouse – 608 Main Street | Seafood Gumbo Stew
- Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort – 555 Lower Main Street | Cajun Frog Legs
- Buffalo Bodega – 658 Main Street | Jambalaya
- Mineral Palace – Gem Steakhouse – 601 Main Street – Blackened Shrimp & Cajun Butter Steak, with Jambalaya and Fried Okra
- Saloon #10– Deadwood Social Club – 657 Main Street | Deadwood-Jam-Balaya an Italian-style “Risotto” with Creole Influences
- Gold Dust Casino– Mavericks Steak & Cocktails – 688 Main Street | Cajun Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo over Rice
- Deadwood Mountain Grand– Grand Grille – 1906 Deadwood Mountain Dr. | Sausage Boudin Balls with a Creole Dipping Sauce
- His & Hers Ale House and Wine Bar– 696 Main Street | Geo’s Famous Gumbo
- Silverado-Franklin Hotel & Gaming Complex – 709 Main St. | New Orleans Beignets
Use the map below to help you on your Cajun Food Crawl journey
Enter a float in the parade, it’s FREE! – Mardi Gras Parade Form